The secrets of fasting



The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to kiss and embrace while he was fasting, but he was the one of you who had most control over his desire


  



The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Paradise has eight gates, and one of them is called Ar-Raiyan through which none will enter but those who observe fasting."
“Every good deed of the son of Adam will be multiplied manifold. A good deed will be multiplied ten times up to as many as seven hundred times, or as much as Allah wills. Allah says: ‘Except for fasting, which is for Me and I shall reward for it. He gives up his desire and his food for My sake.’ The fasting person has two joys, one when he breaks his fast and another when he meets his Lord. The smell that comes from the mouth of a fasting person is better before Allah than the fragrance of musk

I came to the Messenger of Allah from a journey and he said: 'Stay and have a meal to break the fast, O Abu Umayyah.' I said: 'I am fasting.' He said: 'Come close to me and I will tell you about the traveler. Allah, the mighty and sublime, has waived fasting and half of the prayer for him."'

Comments